Right Age to start Schooling for Your Child
Let me a share an interesting episode with you. Saturday I met my friend Radha, who was trying to find a good school for her 3-year-old daughter. She was tired of visiting schools and could not find a good school for her daughter because all the school admissions was closed by this time. Like Radha, many parents will be confused and is not aware of the school admission Procedure.
To all my uninitiated women-friends, let me give you some details to find a Right School for your child.
When the Child is 2 years old start collecting details like [School Name, Syllabus, Facilities, Fee Structure, Timings, Distance, Quality of Education] about the schools from your neighbours, Friends, colleagues and relatives. After collecting the details, plan accordingly and start searching for Right School.
Remember these points to find a Right School for Your Child.
1. CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) [LKG to 12 Std]
2. ICSE (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education) [LKG to 12 Std]
3. State Board [LKG to 12 Std]
4. Montessori [Only Nursery]
2. Age and Class Names [General]
Schools Montessori Age
Pre Kg Level I 2 Years 10 Months-3 Years
LKG Level II 3 Years 10 months 4 Years
UKG Level III 4 Years 10 months 5 Years
[Note: a. Some Schools will have LKG, UKG and Preparatory [ISCE Schools] and will not have Pre-Kg.
b. Age Limit may vary from school to school.]
3. Admission Procedure
1. Collect Application Form the school [Minimum 3 Schools]
2. Attend Interview along with Child at School.
3. See the Admission List to confirm the Admission
4. Enroll the Child to the School.
4. Right Time Start: From August to March Every Year.
Example: Say you want Put child to the school in June 2012, start visiting schools from August 2011 itself and do the follow-up Regularly till the child is enrolled into the School.
Points to Ponder:
- Always Carry Child’s Birth Certificate[for age proof] When ever you visit the school for an Enquiry.
- Try to Select the school near to the home [with in 3-4 Kilometers Radius].
- Don’t Change the Schools Frequently.
All Best To find a Right School for your Child